Re: KDE full screen using Xinerama on MacOSX

(caveat... I'm the Fink KDE maintainer, but I haven't used XFree86 any more
than any other user...)

John Pell [gaelicwizard@hotmail.com] wrote:
> Sometimes I run KDE using XDarwin on my TitaniumG4. When I have my 19"
> monitor attached I have it configured to have the external monitor extend
> the desktop to the left. When I load KDE, KDE loads on the external monitor
> (it's desktop extends to both). When I move the mouse over an Icon the
> mouse turns to a hand. the hand can move up and down as i move the mouse,
> there's only one problem: the hand is on the far left edge of the screen.
> the mouse is normal and it clicks where it is, it just appears some where
> else. any input or a fix would be appreciated.

That sounds like a bug, but I'm not sure what it would be...  My guess is that
Xinerama is still not 100% on multi-monitor setups on XDarwin, but I couldn't
be certain.  I do know that it's not happy about plugging in a second monitor
after X has already started, but I wouldn't expect that would affect this.

You may want to try posting to the Fink lists.  Torrey, who's doing a lot of
work on XDarwin, reads them I believe.  I'm not sure if he hangs out here
at all.

> P.S. does anyone know how to make KDE include my fink stuff in it's paths?

If you added the "source /sw/bin/init.sh" line to the top of your .xinitrc
file (like it says at http://fink.sourceforge.net/news/kde.php) you should
see your fink apps in the path of anything started in your X session.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
Boy is it cramped... whoooee!  I tell ya, if I was dead, you most certainly