RE: support for matrox millennium g450

Hi Jorge

Thanks for your reply... i've tried what you've suggested but i'm still
having problems.

After doing the xfree 4.2.0 install, i could not run

>XFree86 -configure

So instead i run the following to configure the xserver( or xwindows)

>xf86config

If I do graphical configuration of the xwindows it seems that my display and
mouse work fine. But when i actually start the x windows, my mouse and
screen dont' work?

I installed the mga driver from the matrox site after finding it.

I installed the beta linux driver (althought i had to hack the install.sh
file because it couldn't recognize me as the root, so i took out the check
condition that says if usr == root). I then tried to install the powerDesk
but ran into problems because i could not do:

>./configure --prefix=/usr/x11R6

I'm getting the above instructions from
ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2001/powerdesk_1_00_7/readme_pdesk.txt

THus i can't run the rest of the powerDesk setup.

So, right now i installed (i think) the mga driver.... but i still can't get
the xwindows to work?... i don't know why? How does freebsd know the the mga
driver is install (or how do i check to make sure that the mga driver was
properly installed?) WHen i try and configure xwindows by running
">xf86config" it still doesn't show the matrox g450 from the list of video
cards?

Please Help

Thanks in advance