From: newbie-admin@XFree86.Org [mailto:newbie-admin@XFree86.Org]On
Behalf Of egg-roll
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 9:44 AM
To: newbie@XFree86.Org
Subject: [Newbie]glibc_2.2 not found error

Hey..

After I finish doing a full install of slackware 7.1, I was trying to get X
running by using xf86config and XF86Setup, but there is no support for my
videocard (ati aiw radeon) in these programs. Is there a default vga driver
(like windows has) that i can use temporarily until X is set-up and
running..?

Also i tried upgrading to the latest Xfree86 by using the Xinstall.sh
script, but whenever that's finished and i try to run either set up
program, i get this error:

xf86config: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6)

I'm figuring i have to upgrade my glibc version, but everyone says that
newbies shouldnt do that unless they have help.. (?)

Any helpful ideas is greatly appreciated..thanks..