[Newbie]Hmm seem to have overwritten the nice login screen

Hello All,

Having recently upgraded my Mandrake 8.1 box with
KDE3, and removing KDE2 I have lost the nice logon
screen, with the choice of users and window managers,
all I get now is the simple text entry boxes for my
login and password. I also get an extra Xconsole
window come up, a log window of somekind, this I
remember years ago using XFree86, so I guess its
default behaviour, can I get rid of this extra window?

Could someone tell me what I need installing or which
config files to check to get the nice screen back up.

Cheers in advance,

Alek.