[Newbie]Need Help w/Install

I am getting ready to install XFree86 4.1.0 on my Redhat Linux 6.2 box.
During the install (I'm using the binaries) the script asks you if it's
OK
to overwrite certain config files such as app-defaults, etc.  I tried
this
before and answered yes to all of them and subsequently could no longer
boot into X.  Can someone tell me which of these scripts it's OK to
overwrite and which ones must be left as they are?  If I answer "no" to
them all X boots fine and seems to work fine.  I am wondering if, by
answering "no" to overwriting these scripts I am losing any capabilities

provided by the upgrade?

Thanks!

Jeff Stephens