[Newbie]X crashing under Mandrake

I have just installed Mandrake Linux 8.2 and it seems to work beautifully,
autodetecting my hardware and all of that. However, I am having trouble with
X (as usual). It crashes while starting, complaining about:

	(EE) No devices detected.

	Fatal server error:
	no screens found

The configuration that Mandrake created automagically appears to contain a
device and sceen, so I don't understand this. I have temporarily posted the
config and log files on my website so as not to clog the list. Can anyone
see whats going on here?

	http://www.adamweston.com/temp/XF86Config-4.txt
	http://www.adamweston.com/temp/XFree86_0_log.txt

My video card (Hercules Prophet 4500 64MB) isn't supported directly by X and
I plan to install the separate driver later. However, for now I would think
it should be possible to run it at least at the quality used by the Mandrake
installation program, which I think was 800 x 600 x 16bit. I have in fact
used it at 640 x 480 x 16colors under X and Debian, I believe that was an
older version of X.

Also, Is there a utility to configure X version 4.x ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Adam