[Newbie]Linux and the Radeon

> Could someone please help.
> I have installed linux 7.2 with the Radeon 7000, the install seen the card
> and monitor(mit 72)

Okee dokee: first of all you are not running Linux 7.2. There is so such thing as Linux 7.2. What
you prolly refer to is the version number of your distribution, which means the bundle of the Linux base system and
a range of applications and tools. 7.2 should be RedHat or SuSE, if first you'll have to wait for other replies since I know crap about
RedHat, if the latter you should upgrade XFree since SuSE 7.2 came with XF4.1.0 or so and everything older than XF4.2.0 causes nothing but
trouble with Radeon boards (trust me I know what I'm talking about ;P ) or maybe you simply forgot to select certain packages.
But more likely is you'll have to upgrade.
Your Linux version btw should be 2.4.something, you can check in /usr/src by typing ls -l in case you installed the kernel sources.

Dex