[Newbie]OpenGL workstation Card

A best bet would be VisionTek's version of the GeForce 2 MX 400.  This
manufacturer has received many nods from Maximum PC (www.maximumpc.com)
and the version of the board they make costs about $100.00 the last time
I checked.  True, it's not a professional GL workstation card, though
usually such a card costs into the thousand dollar range, and since price
appears a premium for you, it's a better selection than the GeForce 4 MX
440.  Why?  You'll pay double for the same performance, as the GeForce 4
MX 440 lacks hardware pixel shading.  Sure it's got built in hardware DVI
and DVD decoding, but you can only really take advantage of that in
Window$.  As you appear more interested in making GL models and graphics,
the GeForce 2 MX 400 is the best value card you can get for the money.  I
suggest ATI... but they just can't seem to get their Window$ driver's act
together... even with the Win98 windows diver model!

On Sat, 18 May 2002 07:07:03 +0000 "Mok Siu-Wai" <swmok@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Hi All:
> I want to build a cheap OpenGL workstation by RH 7.3.
>
> Which video card would you suggest?
> I also want to know the price and support of the video card.
> Thanks.
>
> Bye.

/SNIP/

"Stride the storm or it will dance you."
Michael D. Beams

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.