[Newbie]ATI Rage dual-head (Whith one card)

Fredrik Wänglund wrote:

> I cant get my card to work in dual-head mode. I have a laptop with
> an ATI Rage Pro and dual screens (Lcd and external crt) works well with Windows 98, but I cant get it to work in Linux.
>
> If I have got everything rigth I am supposed to have two device sections in the config file with different Screen arguments (0, 1), right? Ok I've tried this:
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "ATI-1"
>     Driver      "ati"
>     Screen      0
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "ATI-2"
>     Driver      "ati"
>     Screen      1
> EndSection
>
> But Xfree complains because I cannot asign two devices to the same adapter...
>
> Does anyone know how this should be done??

hi fredrik,

as a driver dude, i'd guess the following, you have in this file defined
1 client processses to the xserver that will follow, but not done the
mapping of each of those processes to /dev/video[01].

while i can supply the suggestion, i am not sure how this is supposed to
work.
isnt readin gthe src an option?

hth,  jackc...