[Newbie]Xfree86 4.2.0 Problem

You are a HEALER!!!  I have been trying for two days to get my own mouse
working.  As soon as I read your message, it finally kicked in while I know
it didn't in the login screen just 30 minutes ago!

In my trials and errors with resolving the problem, I've learned quite a bit.
 Did you get your mouse problem resolved?

Sincerely,
---A penguin gets wings.