[Newbie]Video Woes

I will be glad to pay someone for the knowledge I need. I recently
bought a new computer to take the Linux plunge and install Red Hat. It
has an a ASUS 4PS333 motherboard but no separate graphics card. Windows
2K reports the adapter as SiS650 using sisgrp.sys for a driver. But
xconfigure does not find it automatically and does not accept manual
settings. After $2400 and four weeks of trial and error and web
searching the sole production I have achieved from Linux is "There is a
problem with your Xconfiguration..."    I've tried Red Hat, Asus, SiS,
this site, and links from all of them. I have no objection to purchasing
an agp graphics card if I knew for certain there was one that would
solve my problem and if I knew what that one was. Somehow I suspect it
is not that simple.