[Newbie]Trident Chipset

That is superb!! It's so good to see the whole screen filled with picture!!
There is one minor discrepancy still though.

The new driver is now in place but the very left of the screen is chopped
off and added to the very right of the screen. It only affects a vertical
slice of just under half a centimetre. Any ideas on this one?

Sam Rudland

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 08:59:50 +0100, SRudland@manu.com wrote:

> I tried them and tried varying the numbers as well but no further joy.
It's
> strange. The laptop is capable of 1400x1050, but it is only displaying a
> 1280x1024 screen size, which is all Xfree reports in the
> /var/log/XFree86.0.log file as being the valid laptop display size.
Almost
> as if XFree is saying it isn't capable of doing larger because as far as
> it's concerned it's using all available screen space.

You need to be using the new driver from http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh
for a 1400x1050 display, and also use the

             Option "Display1400"

command too.

Alan.