[Newbie]Problem after update Xfree86 4.2.0, with startup KDE

Check the desktop file in /etc/sysconfig

This define the logon view whhen you start the system, When I intalled
the Xfree upgrade  my laptop initialize with the default startx.
I chaged the Desktop definition from "KDE" to "" in order to get the
default logon screen other than the startx logon.

Despite this change ,I couldn't run the Gnome or KDE session, well,  I
replaced the Xsession script with a backup, this script is located in
/etx/X11/xdm, the script should have 2.6 kb size. check this.