[Newbie]X on Ultra Sparc

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:36:02 -0300
Antonio Luiz Pacifico <pacifico@ipt.br> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on a Sun Ultra 30 (an old model
> no more sold).
> My problem is: How can I install the X Windows on it?

I don't think XFree86 has any server that supports Sun S-bus video
boards.  You may be able to get some other server that works.  The
XFree86 clients should be fine if you do.  I suggest you try to find
some Linux-on-Sparc forum; I don't think you'll get much help here.

Wait.  Is that a PCI bus machine and not S-bus?  Shows you how much I
know about these things.  NetBSD may have some sort of X server, but
even they don't seem too proud of it.

Good luck.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html