[Newbie]Change to TFT Monitor

If you have a graphic login, I would switch to a console login, save my XF86Config then shut down,
install the new monitor, login and run XFree86 -configure as root then move and rename the
XF86Config.new which was created to /etc/X11 where it belongs. If it does not give you what you
want I would use the old config to adapt the new one keeping only the monitor and screen sections
of the new one...
Lionel