[Newbie]Printer Setup??

  I have been working on trying to set up my Epson Stylus C80 which is
connected via USB for about a week now and I'm at a loss.

I have the following items defined in XFree86 4.2 so that the device is
recognized by the Server but when I try to use lptcontrol to get it to
print all it does is make the printer churn for a second or two, but
without output.

/dev/lpt0
/dev/ulpt0

XFree86 recognizes the devices as show in this partial snip of my dmesg:

ulpt0: EPSON USB Printer, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1

lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

Here is what is defined in my Kernel:

device          lpt             # Printer
device          ulpt            # Printer

Following the FreeBSD Handbook I've tried doing everything it says to do
to get this printer to print with no luck.

For example the Handbook says to do the following:

# lptest > /dev/lpt0
/dev/lpt0: Device busy.
# lptest > /dev/ulpt0

Using the last line the printer spins for a second but that's it but no
characters are printed, so I went on to the next step because it's a
PostScript printer and tried the following:

# cat > /dev/ulpt0
%!PS
100 100 moveto 300 300 lineto stroke
310 310 moveto /Helvetica findfont 12 scalefont setfont
(is this working) show
showpage

But nothing happens, I also tried the method of creating the file with
all of the above contents and doing a:

# cat file > /dev/ulpt0

but here again no output.

Until I can get the above working there isn't any point in Enabling the
spooler.

If there is anyone out here that has an Epson Stylus C80 printer that is
connected via USB that has gotten theirs working please let me know, or
if you see something above that may be my problem and can assist me I'd
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Michael