[Newbie]XFree86 Graphical Config in FreeBSD

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C1EE1B.38C8DCA0

I've been using Linux for several months now. I've been using X all =
along, however, I've never been able to get X to fully use my graphics =
card, an ATI Rage LT Pro. I've tried everything, I just could never get =
X to run in 1600 x 1200 resolution. I've tried to configure it every way =
I possibly could, using all the tools that came with X, but to no acoil. =

I just installed FreeBSD from the 4.5 ISO just for the heck of it. The =
setup ran a graphical XFree Setup program that allowed me to easily get =
everything up and running. There was one graphical tool that I've tried =
to use in linux, but for the most part I found it to confusing to use, =
and any attempts to get X up and running failed. The FreeBSD one had =
several tabs at the top, that allowed me to configure my mouse, my =
keyboard, than my graphics card, and monitor (and I'm possibly missing a =
tab). Is there a way I can access this setup program in Linux?

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C1EE1B.38C8DCA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've been using Linux for several =
months now. I've=20
been using X all along, however, I've never been able to get X to fully =
use my=20
graphics card, an ATI Rage LT Pro. I've tried everything, I just could =
never get=20
X to run in 1600 x 1200 resolution. I've tried to configure it every way =
I=20
possibly could, using all the tools that came with X, but to no acoil.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just installed FreeBSD from the 4.5 =
ISO just for=20
the heck of it. The setup ran a graphical&nbsp;XFree Setup program that =
allowed=20
me to easily get everything up and running. There was one graphical tool =
that=20
I've tried to use in linux, but for the most part I found it to =
confusing to=20
use, and any attempts to get X up and running failed. The FreeBSD one =
had=20
several tabs at the top, that allowed me to configure my mouse, my =
keyboard,=20
than my graphics card, and monitor (and I'm possibly missing a tab). Is =
there a=20
way I can access this setup program in Linux?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C1EE1B.38C8DCA0--