[Newbie]Prblm: Configure ATI Mobile M4 with XFree86 4.2.0.

Hi Ryurick.

Thanks for your answer. I guess you referring to the Dell BIOSes when you
mention A17 etc? I'll check the version I have.

Regarding the XF86Config files from Dell, I've tried the one that's for my
screen resolution (1600x1200) but it was the same problem, i.e. the start up
process complained that no suitable screens where found. I've had it working
with properly with XFree86 4.1.0, but the upgrade process trashed my
XF86Config file since the computer locked with the fade effect mentioned in
my earlier letter at an unfortunate moment, and I don't know what settings I
had with 4.1.0 since I used the automatic configuration made by the SuSE
install. Perhaps it might be something else than the XF86Config file that's
wrong but the installation of version 4.2.0 appeared to go well.

Kind regards, Ola Theander