[Newbie]X (or KDE) hangs after issuing "startx"

Hi

There is a list of things you can do when KDE wont start, remove the
files in your home directory that start with .DCOP , delete the contents
of your /tmp directory and rename your .kde directory.

Doing this causes KDE to set them up again.

You could also try as root XFree86 --configure this will give you a new
copy of your XF86Config file in your /root directory called
XF86Config.new and you just rename it and copy it to your /etc/X11
directory.

Robyn