[Newbie]Video card and monitor detected properly, but X does not work

I had same hardware.  I may have had the same problem.  Hard to tell.
I "fixed/went around" the problem  by switching from the DVI  port to the
VGA port of
the video card.
Good luck.

                    "Cary
                    Pembleton"            To:     <newbie@XFree86.Org>
                    <carywinton@ky        cc:
                    4u.net>               Subject:     [Newbie]Video card and monitor
                    Sent by:              detected properly, but X does not work
                    owner-newbie@X
                    Free86.Org

                    04/14/02 03:53
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to newbie

Good Day all!
I have a new install of RH 7.2 and it detected my ATI Rage 128 with 16 Meg.
Of RAM and my KDS monitor correctly, however X will not run. Any
suggestions?
Thanks,
PC Networks, Inc. and KY4U, LLC
Cary Pembleton