[Newbie]GeForce4 4600 support

Oh, to my knowledge, and I'm sure someone will correct me, the NVidia cards
need those porprietary drivers to do any 3D....  And, this is where my
knowledge comes in, not having an NVidia card...  I don't think they can
implement it without the specs, and NVidia isn't open enough to give the
specs.....   I'm sure they just released the Linux drivers to get people to
stop whining...    Here's a question, can you get the drivers to work in the
Linux compatability layer?  or is it too Kernel specific?