mlx5 AF_XDP zero-copy queues

Hi,

I'm seeing a behaviour difference between kernel 5.4 and 5.15 wrt the
AF_XDP queues used for zero copy. This is specific to the mlx5.

Assume you have 'n' queues configured on the interface.

In 5.4, you had to use n to 2*n -1 queue numbers for AF_XDP zc. Using
0 to n-1 queues would use copy mode.

In 5.15, you have to use 0 to n-1 for zero copy also. Socket creation
fails if you use queue >=n.

Also, with 5.4 netdev stats would not be incremented for AF_XDP
packets whereas with 5.15 they do get incremented?

Can someone confirm this behaviour change or point me to relevant
mailing list discussions or some other information on the same? My
google-fu is failing me.

When did this change go into the kernel? I can't find anything in the
kernelnewbies.org changelog between 5.4 and 5.15.

Srivats