cpumap infinite loop

Hello,

I was playing around a bit with cpumaps and wondered what happens when
the attached program just does another CPU redirect to itself.

I ended up having an infinite loop. The working example can be found
here: https://github.com/aibor/cpumap-loop

Now, I wonder if there is a way to detect and break this loop. I took a
look at the xdp_md->rx_queue_index values. When executed by a NIC event,
the value is the NIC ID, so a fairly low number. After CPU redirection
the values I saw were far above the range of NIC queue IDs. I couldn't
figure out if it is just a random memory value or if this value still
has a (maybe different) meaning after CPU redirection. Maybe somehow
related to the CPU queue?

If the field is set to a meaningful value I can make assumptions about
it and would be able to detect previous CPU redirection, I guess.

I'd appreciate any pointers and tips how I could detect such a loop. Or
maybe there is a way to prevent it in the first place other than "just
being careful"?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias