Re: XDP packet queueing and scheduling capabilities

Am 13.02.24 um 14:03 schrieb Toke Høiland-Jørgensen:
What's your interest in this? I.e., what do you want to use them for?
Would be useful to know so I can make sure this is covered :)

Hi, just wanting to let you know that we're also still very interested in this for our cloud-provider use case.

We use XDP to route packets to and from VMs and want to also apply firewall rules on the way. For this, we need to buffer/delay reordered IP fragments that arrived before the first fragment until we have seen the required L4 header.

Having a packet queue for this, like in your patch, that can also be dequeued again, would definitively be helpful for that.

We'd also like to implement shaping in the future, so this is also very interesting for us.

--
Best regards,
Marcus Wichelmann

______________________________

Hetzner Cloud GmbH
Feringastraße 12A
85774 Unterföhring
Germany

Phone: +49 89 381690 150
E-Mail: marcus.wichelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Handelsregister München HRB 226782
Geschäftsführer: Sebastian Färber, Markus Kalmuk

For information on the processing of your personal
data in the context of this contact, please see
https://hetzner-cloud.de/datenschutz