Re: XDP_REDIRECT not working in XDP_DRV_MODE with Intel xgbe driver

> > This is a real use case as part of a larger design I am working on.
> > However, given that redirect from TC egress to XDP_DRV_MODE ingress
> > fundamentally doesn't work, I am rethinking other options to the
> > design. Alternatively, it seems that support for XDP_REDIRECT from
> > egress to ingress is currently in the works, although I don't believe
> > the patch has yet been applied to the mainstream kernel.
>
> Huh, really? Haven't seen that, got a link?

This is where I saw the discussion for adding XDP support in the
egress path https://lwn.net/Articles/818591/, which if I am
understanding correctly is also proposing to add the XDP_REDIRECT
support on egress. (Also, for completeness sake, this is the man page
for bpf_redirect() that says currently XDP only supports redirection
from ingress to egress, and does not have egress to ingress
redirection. https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/bpf-helpers.7.html)
Do you have any insight into whether/when this XDP_REDIRECT
functionality on egress will be added to the kernel?