RE: AF_XDP and kernel queue manger

Hi Jebali,

I do not fully understand this, but what you would like to do is to use queue id 1 of a netdev and bind and AF_XDP socket to that? What is hindering you from issuing "ethtool -L eth0 combined 2" in that case and just bind to queue id 1? Why do you have to limit the number of queues to 1?

> To solve this issue I was trying to find a way to assign rx-1 and tx-1 to the NIC I am using for the master, but I was not successful.
> I then found a document " Making Networking Queues a First Class Citizen in the Kernel" about a kernel queue manager, which may solve this issue.
> Is there any updates on this project? Is it still under development?

This is not under development and it is unlikely that it will be developed by me at least, due to changed priorities. The good news is that you can slice a netdev into smaller pieces with the rather new subfunction support, but it requires support in the driver which you might not have.

/Magnus

Best Regards
Haithem jebali