XDP in virtual Ethernet devices

Hello!
I am trying to use xdp_stats[1] (this program prints packets passed/dropped) on the ethernet devices created by docker containers(veth). I have iperf exchanging messages between containers but xdp_stats does not capture any of the packets (XDP_PASS values do not change) and CPU usage goes to 100%. It works fine on my laptop's network device, but I have these issues with the docker network devices and I don't understand why.

https://github.com/xdp-project/xdp-tutorial/tree/master/basic04-pinning-maps

Best Regards,
Sebastião Amaro