Re: AF_XDP question

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 4:34 PM ratheesh kannoth <ratheesh.ksz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Suppose a DPI application running on a AF_XDP socket ( zero copy ) and after inspecting , say 100 initial packets of the flow, decides to accelerate the flow in HW.

Could you please give an example on what you mean with "accelerate the
flow in HW". Many things could be accelerated and in many different
ways.

> 1. Do we have use case and products/solutions in market which does the same ?
>
> Just thinking, since packet buffer is from umem, how another entity (hw) can accelerate.

It is possible to share the umem between AF_XDP sockets using
xsk_socket__create_shared() function in libbpf. It works between
netdevs, i.e. separate physical cards. But need the example first to
be able to help you in a better way.

/Magnus