Re: Dropped packets mapping IRQs for adjusted queue counts on i40e

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 8:23 AM T K Sourabh <sourabhtk37@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When we turned off irqbalance service, we would not see the issue as they were messing up the affinities.
>
> Another thing to ensure:  equal number of queues on both interfaces.

Thanks for the info, it does give me some areas to investigate.

We already have irqbalance turned off (uninstalled, actually), and
we're using the same number of queues on each device (we get the
number of queues by taking the number of cores divided by number of
interfaces).

I am wondering if not having the matching queues for the ingress
interface and egress interface on the same cores might be a
contributing factor?

--Zvi