Re: IRQ assignment for queues

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 11:57 PM Srivats P <pstavirs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not a XDP question, but more generic about IRQ assignment for queues.
>
> For a NIC which has separate RX and TX queues (no COMBINED queues), I
> see in /proc/interrupts that only 1 IRQ is assigned.

> srivatsp@EXA8:~$ cat /proc/interrupts | grep enp5s0f1
>  73:          0          2          0          0   ITS-MSI 2623488
> Edge      enp5s0f1-rxtx-0
>  89:          0          0          0          0   ITS-MSI 2623504
> Edge      enp5s0f1-rbdr-0
>  92:          0          0          0          0   ITS-MSI 2623507
> Edge      enp5s0f1-qset-err-0
>
> Is the IRQ for the RX queue or TX queue or both? Does Tx need an IRQ?

I see the IRQ name has "rxtx" in it. From my experience, that's the
same type of designation used for combined queues, and indicates that
the IRQ is for both RX and TX. I'm not sure which driver you're using,
though, and my experience is mostly with i40e and ena drivers, so it
could be incorrect when applied to your case.

--Zvi