Re: xdp-filter troubles

[ adding a subject - please make sure to include one in the future ]

> I have a setup that has 2 namespaces, connected using a linux bridge,
> with veth pairs in each of the namespace.
>
> ns1=192.168.1.10/24
> ns2=192.168.1.11/24
> host-br=192.168.1.1/24
>
> I can ping between host, ns1, ns2 fine.
>
> I'm attaching an xdp filter program
> https://github.com/xdp-project/xdp-tools/blob/master/xdp-filter/xdpfilt_dny_ip.c
>
> I'm using bpftool to attach this to ns1-host end. I also attach a
> dummy xdp prog (that just returns XDP_PASS) to the end inside the ns1.
> I see all ping packets to this destination dropped. Dumping
> xdp_stats_map does show counters incremented for XDP_DROP
>
> However, when using bpftool to update the filter_ipv4 map to allow
> packets with destination to go through, it doesn't work.
>
> ./bpftool map update name filter_ipv4 key 192 168 1 10 value 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
>
> I've tried with pinned maps, and different combinations of key/value
> as well, to no avail. The lookup just doesn't seem to succeed. Any
> suggestions on how I might go about debugging this?

What kernel version are you using? And how are you attaching the program
- from your description I'm guessing you may be using generic XDP? Also,
why are you using bpftool to load the program instead of just using the
xdp-filter binary?

-Toke