Re: Using XDP for Cloud VMs by David Ahern

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 11:56:14 +0200
Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> is measured read [Blogpost#1]. He have even released the [Code] on GitHub,
> and encourage people to reproduce his results.
>
> I encourage other cloud providers to collaborate with Ahern. XDP is a core
> kernel building block, but we need to create FOSS projects that explore
> different use-case (e.g xdp-cloud-provider). XDP is still early days, and as
> Ahern already discovered, trying out this Cloud-VMs use-case have identified
> several gotchas and missing XDP features that we should work on
> adding/fixing in upstream kernels.
>
>  --

Was this normal OVS (kernel based) or OVS-DPDK (userspace).
OVS-DPDK is much faster if you can afford to burn CPU.

Also would be interesting to compare XDP vs VPP but this is very much
an apples to orange kind of exercise.