Re: Kernel Panic when loading XDP on i40e driver

Em sex., 7 de ago. de 2020 às 12:51, Rafael Vargas <vargas@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
> [...]
> Using kernel 5.8 (mainline from kernel.org) and a Lenovo Intel X722
> controller (using the i40e driver). Loading any XDP program to this
> driver will immediately crash with a Kernel Panic.
>[...]

I've tested with the net-next kernel and there is no Kernel Panic
there, but looks like native XDP support is not working on i40e, as
iproute2 reports it as xdpgeneric. Is this correct or am I missing
something in the way I load my programs (libbpf's
bpf_set_link_xdp_fd)?

Also the driver that is currently supplied by Intel and the one
supplied in the kernel sources seems to have diverged...