XDP_REDIRECT forwarding speed

Hi!

I want to make sure I did everything right to make my XDP program
(simple forwarding with bpf_redirect_map) as fast as possible. Is following
advices and gotchas from this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg184139.html enough
or are there some additional/newer recommendations? I managed to get near
line-rate on my Intel X520s (on Ryzen 3700X and one queue/CPU), but not
quite 14.88 Mpps so I was wondering is there something else to speed
things up even more.

Also, are there any recommended settings/tweaks for bidirectional
forwarding? I suppose there would be a drop in performance compared to
single direction, but has anyone done any benchmarks?

Regards,
Denis