How does the Kernel decide which Umem frame to choose for the next packet?

Hello,

I read through the paper "The Path to DPDK Speeds for AF XDP" but I couldn't find information about how the Kernel choses the Umem frame for the next packet? Or in case of zero-copy, how the driver decides which Umem frame to chose.
But maybe I just overlooked it.

So how does this work?

Best regards

Max