Re: Measuring/Debugging XDP Performance

Hey Vincent and Jesper,

Thank you for the information and I will try these commands tonight when there is higher traffic load! The 'perf' command seems interesting.

Jesper, I do believe my kernel supports BPF Trace. I was able to use this function in our software while I was debugging it for a separate issue that I resolved earlier this week. With that said, the IPIP traffic is handled in the XDP program. We only redirect a certain packet to the AF_XDP program so it can be cached via a Redis server (needed in the user space). However, this doesn't happen that often and other packets handled by the XDP program itself are being dropped. Therefore, I doubt the AF_XDP program is causing anything.

Thank you!