Video for understanding eBPF conceptually

Brendan Gregg (NetFlix) claim that eBPF is the first fundamental change
to how kernels are used in 50 years, and explain why in this 31 minutes
video.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pmXdG8-7WU

I really recommend to watch this video, to understand why the BPF model
is so fundamentally different from the existing OS model we all assume.

XDP is mentioned, but XDP is just a user of BPF, that takes advantage
of the BPF model.  As I've said before, the real power comes when
combining several BPF hooks.  Go explore the BCC/bpftrace tracing tools
that are also mentioned.

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer