Re: i40e: Kernel freezes with XDP_ZEROCOPY

Hello Kal,

I've noticed that all created processes in your code snippet bound to the same queue without SHARED flag.

Is it supposed to work?

Thanks.

On 17.10.2019 11:53, Kal Cutter Conley wrote:
Hello,
I have managed to extract a reproducer that crashes the kernel. We
observe the crash with all drivers that support XDP zerocopy (i40e,
ixgbe, mlx5_core). The program source is attached (C++). Compile with
a newer clang++ or g++ using flag -std=c++17. It must also be linked
with libbpf. Use libbpf v0.0.5 and make sure to revert
5771dacd3dc2fdd041c51242819a9f212e04af55.

The crash is a kernel NULL pointer dereference in xsk_umem_consume_tx.

Hopefully this is useful,
Kal

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 10:48 PM Kal Cutter Conley