[xdp-tutorial] : permission denied when I try to execute a program

Hi,

Thank you very much for your xdp tutorial. Currently, I try to write a simple xdp program to count the number of TCP and UDP packets I receive. For that, I created a BPF_MAP_TYPE_ARRAY map in my kern.c file. I can read into this map with the bpf_map_lookup_elem function but when I try to update a value, I have an error message "libbpf: load bpf program failed: Permission denied". To solve this issue, I've try to run it in sudo, I've verify my kernel configuration (everything needed seems enable) ....

I searched a solution on the internet but I didn't found anything relevant. I hope you can help me.

Théo Mainguet

My kernel configuration :

$ cat /boot/config-4.19.0-6-amd64 | grep BPF

CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y
CONFIG_BPF=y
CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y
# CONFIG_BPF_JIT_ALWAYS_ON is not set