Re: AF_XDP integration with FDio VPP? (Was: Questions about XDP)

On 2019-08-23 15:15, William Tu wrote:
But isn't most of the VPP deployment use DPDK as back-ends?
If that's the case, why not use DPDK's AF_XDP implementation?

I'd say the other way around, but I might be wrong. (In fact, VPP comes
with their own userspace drivers as well.)

VPP and DPDK has many overlapping components (mempools, drivers), and AFAIK (last time I checked) VPP pretty much only used the PMDs from DPDK.

So, from my perspective, a standalone AF_XDP implementation makes much
sense!

Cheers,
Björn