AF_XDP only releasing from FQ in batches

Hi,

I'm trying to use AF_XDP and I'm using the xdpsock sample
implementation as a guide.

I've noticed that the Fill Queue slots are released in batches of 16
(kernel 5.1)

The xdpsock (rx_drop) implementation will lock waiting for the space in the FQ.
This seems it will work fine when receiving lots of packets, but will
loop indefinetely if traffic stops.

This is the expected behavior for the FQ?
Should I keep the FQ always with free slots in order to avoid blocking
when waiting for more packets?

Rafael Vargas