Re: Measuring performance of BPF programs

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:56 PM Matheus Salgueiro Castanho
<matheus.castanho@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sebastiano,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm using kernel 5.0, so I tried the
> second option with 'perf record' + 'perf report', and it gave me
> exactly what I needed.
>
> After installing the kernel symbols I'm able to see all function
> calls, including calls to cls_bpf_classify() and
> bpf_xdp_adjust_head(), but I don't see any symbols with the format you
> said.
>
> Am I missing some symbol packages?

Could you please try with a newer kernel (e.g., v5.1)? I guess this
has been added recently, although I am not able to find the
corresponding patch.
Moreover, make sure you first run 'perf record -ag' and then load the
corresponding eBPF program.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sebastiano