Any good practice for bpf_helpers.h ?

Hi,

There is something I didn't get so much about compiling a bpf object.

To compile my code for bpf, I need to include some headers from the kernel, which sounds OK.
On my debian, I understood this is something like this :
-I/lib/modules/4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64/build/include
-I/lib/modules/4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64/build/include/generated/uapi
(Please tell me if I should include more headers or if this is the minimal set)

But I also need to to include some bpf helpers headers, generally called as bpf_helpers.h or bpf_endian.h. I didn't find this files in my distribution and I see a lot of open source examples/projects where those files are provided in the project itself... But as I understand the function helpers available depend of the bpf version and so the kernel version itself.

So why this is not available in my system kernel header ?
Is it normal ? (all the distribution do that?)
"adding this kind of file to my src tree for compilation" is the right thing to do ? (That sounds not so good ...)

I would really appreciate some hints to better understand that !

Thx

Simon

(my code is available here : https://github.com/sbernard31/udploadbalancer/tree/bpf_only_without_logs)