Re: AF_XDP umem and jumbo frames?

Den tors 27 sep. 2018 kl 02:56 skrev Rob Sherwood <rob.sherwood@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks for the reference and the page-per-packet point makes sense.
> At the same time, not supporting jumbo frames seems like a non-trivial
> limitation.  Are there a subset of drivers that do support jumbo
> frames (or LRO or the other features that require multiple pages per
> packet)?

No, not at the moment. XDP has a strict "one frame cannot exceed a
page" constraint. Everything that applies to XDP in terms of
constraints, applies to AF_XDP as well.

Just to clarify, XDP supports jumbo frames -- i.e. larger than 1500B
payload, just not the maximum 9000B size. My personal observation is
that many deployments that "require jumbo frames", are usually OK with
an of MTU ~3000B. Jumbo frames, yes. Full jumbo frames, no. :-)

Cheers,
Björn