Re: Generic XDP and veth

From: William Tu <u9012063@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 09:40:59 -0800

> Any reason XDP generic skips the skb_cloned packet? I search previous
> patches mention
> v4: - Do not perform generic XDP on reinjected packets (DaveM)
> but didn't see discussion.

We wanted to avoid re-running XDP on packets re-injected during input
packet processing.

The physical outermost XDP device would never see such packets.

I guess we have to decide whether to remove that restriction or not.
If we do, we have to copy the packet when it is cloned because cloned
packets cannot be modified and XDP programs can modify packet data.