Re: ANN: a different eBPF assembler

On 09/27/2017 08:00 PM, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 05:31:39PM +0100, Edward Cree wrote:
In recent weeks I've been developing an eBPF assembler, implemented in Python.  It can be found at https://github.com/solarflarecom/ebpf_asm and it consumes an Intel-like syntax very different to that consumed by LLVM or emitted by the kernel verifier's disassembler.

It was a privilege to be the first star on your github :)

Very nice tool, I like it!

The feedback I've received is that most bpf noobs cannot read asm, since they
often come from non-kernel background, but there are niche users that like to
see the ingredients of their soup.

So can we now have a flag when loading progs that selects
verifier level to 'Bring It On'? :-))