Re: libbpf missing set_link_xdp_fd ?

On 09/25/2017 11:25 AM, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 20:07:11 +0200
Eric Leblond <eric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

bpf_load is implementing the set_link_xdp_fd() function and it seems
this function is not available in libbpf.

I also ran into this problem, when I wanted to switch my XDP programs
into using tools/lib/bpf/.

Right.

E.g.: https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel/commit/5397e596c30416763

Should it be the case or should it be part of another library ?

I'm not sure... maybe Alexei, Daniel or Wang have an opinion?

It seems that none of the actual attach infra is handled in
tools/lib/bpf/, meaning neither attaching the fd to kprobes/
uprobes/tracepoints nor tc or xdp, so adding a special case
only for xdp into the lib feels that we probably might be better
off putting this either into its own mini lib on top of that,
or as a small helper included in the samples / selftests and
the like where its needed.

Best,
Daniel