Re: Accessing userspace created persistent eBPF maps from kernel bpf restricted C

> However, I have a use case where  data used to filter perf events can
> change and can
> be loaded as a full map,  much after the bpf program is loaded.  The
> map will be pinned,
> but the bpf program currently has no way to access this map. Can this use case
> be addressed?

I'm not sure entirely how, since I have only just started playing with
this map type, but I suspect a workaround is possible with
BPF_TYPE_ARRAY_OF_MAPS. My suspicion is that you could store the map
you want to replace at index 0 in a pinned array of maps. The XDP
program would load the map out of the array to use it.

To change the map, have a userspace program load the new map, then set
it as index 0 in the pinned array of maps. The next time the XDP
program runs, it will pull the new map from index 0.

Maybe that will work for you?
--Zvi