XDP for Kernel by-pass?

Hi all,

Can XDP be used for "skbuff bypass"? Like a rx_handler but closer to the driver? I'm not very familiar with eBPF, could it be used to pass the kernel to any kernel module or userspace application?

It looks to me that bpf_func in struct bpf_prog could be any function that we could use to deviate XDP and use it for that purpose. Correct?

Kernel app like Click or OVS could benefit from that as they don't use most skbuff facilities.

Thanks,

Tom