Fwd: Empty ethernet fram after XDP_TX

Hi all,

I have recently started experimenting with XDP in regards to my master
thesis project. I have been playing around with some examples and had
a question regarding the following sample file from the linux kernel:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/samples/bpf/xdp2_kern.c

I have setup a test environment on which I can monitor both my source
and destination port using Wireshark. I observe that when I run the
example, always returning XDP_PASS, packets go on normal but the MAC
swapping does not occur. When using the XDP_TX return code after
swapping I observe that I see Ethernet frames appear in wireshark with
a source and destination 00:00:00:00:00:00. The IP related headers are
gone and this is the only thing I am seeing.

For some context, I am running on: 4.11.0-041100-generic x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux using ConnectX-4 Lx cards with the mlx5_core driver
(from lspci -v output). From "systool -vm" output I see my mlx5_core
version is "4.0-2.0.0"

I was wondering if this behaviour was normal, and if anyone knows what
is going wrong here. I am happy to provide some more diagnostic
information if needed.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey